Great and Useful Roofing Tips
1. Keep your safety in mind. Without question, nagging and bustling about finding a leak the very moment that it happens is something that might put you in the hospital immediately. Intruding on a roof while raindrops are falling or if it is covered with snow or ice is not the best way in finding a leak. Trying to fix it for a while can be pretty dangerous. And if you want to make sure that this will be fixed well, there is no fast way to do it. Just take your time and be extremely patient as well as careful to wait for the mother earth to give you with a green light.
2. Take necessary precaution. Being on the roof will place the body in positions that are not safe or comfortable either. As a result, it is highly recommended that you wear rubber sole shoes in order to prevent slipping. And also, you can use a harness and look for a working buddy.
3. Spray the roof. For you not to have a difficult time on looking for the leak, make sure to acquire a garden hose and spray it all over the roof. On the other hand, just wait until wintertime is over because it is not generally safe to spray water on the roof while it is filled with ice or snow.
4. Keep the gutters clean. One of the most typical places and causes for leakage in the roof are blocked gutters. The gutters that were not cleaned can lead to build up of water during the rain.
5. Stay away from dry rot. The dry rot is not associated to any types of water destructions, but can be linked to lack of ventilation. If the reparation is right in the central part of the roof, then it is most probably due to the decrease in condition of the plywood. The roof will actually wilt and cause the roof to shingle as well as be brittle, crack, and eventually leak. So as for dry rot not to take place, make sure to have a ridge vent installed together with a soffit vent. You must drill by using soffit vents in order to create holes for the cool air to go inside and go in the lower part and push the hot air up and out.
6. Prevent the buildup of ice. During a winter season, ice will not have a hard time of building up under the roof membrane, gutter as well as shingles. As a result, having a poor ventilation can fix this problem.
Attributed by: why not try these out