Helpful and Easy Roofing Tips
1. Think of your safety first. Worrying to attempt and look for a leak as soon as it take place is something that can place you in the hospital. Intruding on a roof while raindrops are falling or if it is covered with snow or ice is not the best way in finding a leak. And bear in mind that fixing it temporarily can be so risky. And if you want to make sure that this will be fixed well, there is no fast way to do it. Be sure to take the time that you want, be very careful and patient enough to wait for the mother nature to give you a go single.
2. Take precautions. Take into consideration that you should expect to have uncomfortable and not safety positions while you are working on the roof. And because of this, the professionals recommend that you wear shoes with rubber soles in order for you not to slip. In addition, take advantage of a harness and always work with another person.
3. Spray the roof. For you not to have a difficult time on looking for the leak, make sure to acquire a garden hose and spray it all over the roof. But then again, just wait until winter season is done because it is not very safe for you to spray water all over the roof while it is still freezing out.
4. Make the gutters clean. One of the most typical places and causes of roof leaks are gutters that are clogged. The moment you fail to keep the gutters clean, this will cause build up of water on the roof once it rains.
5. Prevent dry rot. The dry rot is not associated to any types of water destructions, but can be linked to lack of ventilation. If the reparation is right in the central part of the roof, then it is most probably due to the decrease in condition of the plywood. The roof will actually wilt and cause the roof to shingle as well as be brittle, crack, and eventually leak. So as for dry rot not to take place, make sure to have a ridge vent installed together with a soffit vent. You must drill by using soffit vents in order to create holes for the cool air to go inside and go in the lower part and push the hot air up and out.
6. Prevent ice from building up. During a winter season, ice will not have a hard time of building up under the roof membrane, gutter as well as shingles. For this reason, it is very important that you have a great ventilation.